Legacy of Achievement
The ACFA Board of Directors has established the Legacy of Achievement program to recognize cats who have excelled in the show ring during several seasons of their show career. These special cats will be awarded the title LA on a certificate, suitable for framing, and will be recognized in the Parade of Royalty, the Bulletin, and in the Annual Awards Program.
Eligibility:All eligible cats must have received either an Inter-American Top 50 or a Regional Top 10 award for three years. These do not need to be consecutive years.
A purebred cat may have any combination of categories: Kitten, Cat, Alter. If during the first show season, the cat wins 2 awards (Kitten and either Cat or Alter), then this counts as for only one year. Two additional years of showing and awards must be achieved.
Household Pets are to have all three of their awards earned as a household pet.
There is no time limit for claiming the LA title. You may claim it for deceased cats if you choose to do so.
Claiming the title:The following items must be provided by the owner of the cat:
- A copy of the ACFA registration / recording of the cat claiming the title (a copy of this may be obtained from Central Office for a fee)
- A completed application form
- Proof of the wins as evidenced either by any of the
- Copies of the certificates issued by Central Office
- Photocopies of the Parade of Royalty with the year and region, if applicable, clearly identified
- Photocopies of any plaques received
- Letter from Central Office verifying the award (a research fee will be required)
- A check or money order, made payable to ACFA, for $10.00 in United States Funds.
- A color photo to be scanned for inclusion on the certificate (optional).
The Legacy of Achievement Program will not be administered by ACFA
Central Office. The Board of Directors has appointed Jeanne Osborne as
the Legacy of Achievement Administrator. Any questions about the program
should be addressed to Jeanne.
ACFA Legacy of Achievement Administrator
ACFA Central Office
PO Box 1949
Nixa MO 65714